Get ready for Internship Draft Day on Tuesday, November 10, 2020 at Lambeau Field!
Since 2015, hundreds of college students from Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula have participated in Internship Draft Day at Lambeau Field. The event is like an NFL Draft, but instead of receiving a football contract, students can be awarded a scholarship, in addition to a possible paid internship.
Internship Draft Day is organized by the Northeast Wisconsin Educational Resource Alliance (NEW ERA) and the NEW Manufacturing Alliance (NEWMA). They work collaboratively to expand manufacturing career pathways, in addition to building a talent pipeline through internships.
2019’s event had over 180 student registrants, with NEW Manufacturing Alliance member companies collaboratively offering hundreds of paid internships. Internship opportunities included:
- Application Development, Audio/Visual, Computer Design & Science, IT, Lab, Master Data, Network Engineer, Security, IT Repair, VoIP
- Automation, Electro-Mech, Environmental, Injection Molding, Machine Tool Operation, Material Science, Mechanical Design & Technology, Mechanics, Metallurgist, Process Control Techs, Quality Assurance
- ENGINEERING: Automation, Biomedical, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Network, Plastics, Process, Quality, Software, Test, Tooling
- CNC: Machinist, Programmer, Technician
- MANAGEMENT: Business, Operations, Project
- Accounting, Business Administration, Continuous Improvement, Corporate Tax, Diversity & Inclusion, Finance, Human Resources, Insurance, Logistics, Marketing, Operations, Risk & Safety, Sales, Supply Chain, Wellness
For students, it’s a great opportunity to meet with many employers all at once in one very cool location – Historic Lambeau Field! Students can work on their networking and interviewing skills.
Preregistered students can get points before the event based on their level of participation in clubs, past work experience and GPA. They can receive more points during draft day based on how well they interview for any of their pre-scheduled interviews.
Each company chooses their MVI – Most Valuable Interview. At the end of the event, each preregistered student’s points are added. Top draft picks are announced for each school, followed by the overall #1 MVI. Scholarships are then awarded!
Students can also choose to only network and not schedule any interviews, but will then not be part of the scoring competition. Either way, Internship Draft Day is a win for college students and NEWMA member employers!
Interested students and employers are encouraged to visit the Internship Draft Day website to learn more.
Thanks to all of the employers, students, faculty, sponsors, volunteers, committee members, and Mark Murphy for making the 2019 Internship Draft Day (IDD) the Super Bowl of northeast Wisconsin internship opportunities!
Congratulations to 2019’s IDD top picks!
2019 OVERALL TOP PICKS:
- Overall #1 Draft Pick Earning a $1500 Scholarship: Electrical Engineering Technology Student, FVTC
- Overall #2 Draft Pick Earning a $500 Scholarship: Manufacturing Engineering Student, UW-Stout
2019 TOP PICKS PER COLLEGE:
- LTC: Web & Software Development Student
- NMU: Accounting Student
- NWTC: Electrical Engineering Technologies Student
- St. Norbert College: International Business Student
- UW-Green Bay: Mechanical Engineering Student
- UW-Oshkosh: Information Systems Student
- UW-Oshkosh Fox Cities: Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Student
- UW-Platteville: Mechanical Engineering Student
- UW-Stout: Manufacturing Engineering Student
- All Other Colleges: Electrical Engineering Technology Student, FVTC